Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Making of NH 57

Road construction was contracted out to a private contractor. They were looking for a place to build a site office. Place where staff will stay, stock and material can be processed. My Brothers after many deliberations gave about twenty acres of land on lease. Seven years later road was ready. It took quite a grind, lives lost, land lost. When government acquires land it not just number with some dimensions, they take away your identity, your heritage. These emotions are difficult to understand if you do not belong to the soil. Luckily all vacations as child spent in villages paid off. I decided to come back here. It was not an easy task to announce. first time when I broke the news every one at home thought either it is a joke or I have gone mad. You can not spend 48yrs in town and decide to come back. idea was a wide a the road and as far as the destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment